Skip to content

How can CAMHS help me?

There are lots of ways the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service can help you with issues you are facing to improve the way you are feeling or behaving. You might need CAMHS if these things start to affect your school or home life and you’re finding it hard to cope.


You may be feeling:

  • Worried
  • Sad
  • Angry.

Or experience:

  • Bullying
  • Finding it hard to concentrate or sit still
  • Trouble with friends
  • Eating difficulties
  • Family issues
  • Unusual thoughts.

By sharing what’s bothering you, with friends and family can really help to make you feel better and can make your problems feel more manageable. But if you are worried about talking to those close to you or feel that your problems are just too big for you to deal with by yourself, please speak to a teacher, school nurse, doctor or someone else you trust. They can then let us know that it would be a good idea for us to meet with you, for a chat about how you are feeling.