Mental health disorders
Within North Lincolnshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS), the mental health pathways work with children and young people that have:
- Moderate to severe depression
- Self-harming behaviours
- Severe anxiety that is impacting on daily life
- Emerging personality disorders
- Require Tier 4 admissions.
We provide treatment to these conditions in line with the National Institute of Health and Care Excellence guidelines and use:
- Systemic family therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy
- Interpersonal Psychotherapy for the treatment of depression in adolescents
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy approaches
- Group work and solutions focused therapy.
We work in a multi-disciplinary style with our consultant psychiatrist managing complex cases, and when required provide medication. Cases are referred into these clinical pathways via Future in mind consultations, direct referrals from services, self referrals, urgent Emergency Department and Ward Assessments and transfer of cases from other pathways within North Lincolnshire CAMHS.
On discharge from the mental health pathways we will work with the patient on a step down approach ensuring they still receive support in the community.